Affiliate Marketing for Beginners with No Money
Affiliate marketing is one of the easiest ways for people new to online business to make their first dollar online. It can be overwhelming at first. But it doesn't have to be.
Over the last decade, I've made tens of thousands of dollars through affiliate marketing by following a few simple steps. If you're looking to make even just a few extra hundred dollars on the side, then this is definitely an avenue you should check out.
In this article, I will outline my 5 Steps for Successful Affiliate Marketers. To learn more and get the in-depth details about my own process for promoting affiliate products, I encourage to watch this video:
Step 1: Choose 1 "low-ticket" and 1 "high-ticket" program
The best programs:
- Are not overcrowded and overmarketed
- Are user-friendly
- Make it easy for affiliates to promote their products
- And pay people on time
The first two programs I recommend you join are Amazon Associates and Kajabi Partners (more details & links available in the video).
Step 2: Choose an audience-building traffic stream
- Use keywords
- Stick to platforms that are growing (i.e. YouTube) instead of ones that are dying (i.e. Facebook)
- Invest in work that will compound over time
- Look for "adjacent possible" opportunities to related to your platform and evolving niche
Step 3: Create Content Consistently
- Build trust by releasing a steady stream of audience-targeted content
- Create things YOU would find useful or fun
- Don't try to figure out your niche 100% ahead of time, iterate as you go and allow it to become more specific over time
In the video, I show you a few graphs which display the real growth trajectory of my audience and income (hint: it takes time, but when it grows it does so very quickly).
Step 4: Affiliate marketing is like falling asleep
“I fell in love like you would fall asleep: slowly and then all at once.” - John Green
Affiliate marketing compounds very quickly. It might take you a few months to make $100. Then, maybe a year to break $1,000. But it's not uncommon for people who hit the 3-5 year mark to pull in $5,000 - $10,000 per month.
Patience and grit will get you there.
Step 5: Network with other affiliates
The best affiliates I know:
- Are patient
- Only promote products they use and trust
- Will tell you that your unique interests and experiences are your best advantage
If you would like to know more about getting started in affiliate marketing, especially with little to no money, I recommend you watch the above video in its entirety.
I'll leave you with this piece of encouragement: you are closer to your dreams than you think.